Monday, August 24, 2009

Will There Be Purple Suede and Feathered Hats Involved?


When I was in high school, my boyfriend was the kid with the Zebra Car. Everyone knew about his ride. It was a white Acura on the outside, but inside it had furry zebra seat covers (front and back!), seatbelt covers, a steering wheel cover, floor mats, pillows (!), and dice. It was totally what a zebra pimp would drive if he lived in the suburbs.
So this is what I thought of when I first heard about Bruce Gregg's Zebra Collection. It's basically a luxury resort brand where all (or almost all) the pieces feature zebra stripes in some form or another. So far there's activewear, shoes, handbags and eyewear. And I have to admit, I'm intrigued. Black and white is classic enough to go with anything, and animal prints are great for resort collections. I hope to see many intriguing interpretations of the recognizable stripe pattern in the future.
I think I may finally be ready to look at zebra prints without having flashbacks to the most awkward time of my life. Thank you, Mr. Gregg, for introducing me to the luxury side of the jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment