Thursday, August 27, 2009

Look for Colonel Mustard in a Dress

As far as I'm concerned, Anthropologie has an invisible Greek siren out front that calls to me every time I am near one. I am seriously not capable of walking past a store, and once I go in, I find a million dresses that I want, putting my credit card balance on the rocks. This is my current favorite for fall:


I'm digging the waist-defining sash with the flower, and the simple graphic print on the skirt. I'm also convinced that mustard yellow is an underrated fall color. If it's the right shade--not too bright or sunny--it goes well with any skintone, and especially complements those with dark or red hair. In this dress, it's a small amount not near to the face (besides the smidge in the trim along the v-neck) that draws attention to what is probably the smallest part of most women's bodies. Also, the puffy skirt hides wide hips and thighs. The earth tones will also lend themselves well to being paired with a cardigan once the weather really turns chilly. Making my dreams of a perfect fall dress more than just a myth.

1 comment:

  1. You have awesome taste.!! That dress is my favorite too. Anthropologie is a finest store for latest designed clothing.

    ReplyDelete