Friday, August 14, 2009

EVOOHHhh, notsomuch

So when I first heard about the Rachel Roy collection for Macy's, I was all, "Man, that cooking lady just won't be satisfied until she brands her name onto everything! What a sellout!" Blah, blah, blah. And it wasn't until I actually saw photos of the collection that I actually slowed down and, you know, *read* the actual text. So, I feel the need to apologize to Ms. Ray for any bad karma I might have inadvertently sent her way.
That said, I'm not only pleased with the Rachel Rachel Roy collection, but I'm loving the prices ($59-$300) and tearing Google apart trying to figure out when the footwear and handbags will go on sale. I stumbled across a fantastic post by Nitro:licious featuring photos taken in the showroom back in April (which I am shamelessly reposting here).


I LOVE those studded black heels. The tie in the back keeps them a little feminine.

Those blue suede booties? Fantastic color. The purple looks promising, too. Elvis would be proud.



I WANT THAT BLACK HANDBAG. The chains and metal logo are just enough to be a *little* tough, but not too much. Plus, it looks like you can fit a lot in that thing. Not that the contents of my handbag look like they belong to a 70-year-old grandma. *cough*

While I'm twitching in anticipation for these accessories to hit the shelves (if they haven't already...but they're not showing up on Macys.com) and drooling over the Lookbook, I'll also be wishing the Chain Tee came in other colors, and totally pretending I have somewhere to wear the Origami Neck Dress. And maybe making some pasta. I have a sudden disabling craving for some garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment