Monday, August 10, 2009

A Little Plaid-clad Tart

When I look at Tartan plaid, I can smell crisp fall breezes and hear the sound of leaves scattering under my feet with a satisfying *crunch*. I see college students hurrying across the quad, books clutched tightly, eager to get to the first day of classes.
These were my immediate (unrealistic, catalog-esque) thoughts when I saw the new handbag collection from Dooney & Bourke, multiple shapes done with different colors of plaid fabric. Although this seems to be a different look than what they've done in the past, I am absolutely in love with it. And since cloth costs less than leather, these bags are at lower price points than other D&B collections ($32-$165).
The style to the right is my favorite, the Betty bag. It's a great way to incorporate a classic fall pattern into your wardrobe without resorting to a pleated skirt--that's just overkill. Unless you're just dying to be a part of my picturesque fall fantasy. In which case, you'll find me in the library, color-coding my notebooks after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment