Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And Quite Strapping, to Boot

I'm a big fan of keeping style simple, but that's no reason to go all plain Jane. Everywhere I look, I see boots with buckles, straps, studs, and other embellishments. Now that skinny jeans make it so the pants go inside the shoe, boots can take center stage.


These Charlotte Russe Buckled Flat Boots are simple--and most importantly, affordable--with a low heel, simple cuff, wrapped straps, and metal hardware. These would be great for everyday wear, since they are are neutral color and have a very minimal heel, plus I love the horsebit hardware. Just because these are inexpensive doesn't mean they have to be boring. Also, the synthetic material means you don't have to stress about rainstorms/snowstorms ruining your shoes.



Black leather boots are pretty much the epitome of badass when it comes to footwear, but these Jenna Strappy Boots from bebe are the toughest girly shoes I've ever seen. These babies turn F*ck Me Boots into I Dare You To F*ck With Me Boots with a stacked platform and a 5.5" stiletto heel. But below all those leather straps and three metal buckles is a soft suede underbelly. Because every girl has a softer side, right? RIGHT? You know what, I think the jury's still out, Biker Barbie.



I'm a sucker for a great pair of equestrian boots, even though I find the concept a little strange. As someone who rode horses as a teenager, I had a pair of leather riding boots, but any functioning pair of riding boots is unfit for the eyes (and nose) of the public. However, I'm putting these Tawny Acres Boots by Schuler & Sons on my wishlist for fall. They've got a simple strap, a buckle, and ring, plus a small heel and (functioning) bootstraps. I'm itching to wear these with my fall floral dresses. The great neutral shade of the leather would make them work with any outfit, plus the loose style of the calf will make them fit easily over jeans. Win-win.


These short, Rusttik suede booties from Steve Madden come pre-distressed, which eliminates that sinking feeling you get the first day wearing a new pair of shoes, when you get home and realize you scuffed the toe/heel/whatever and lament about how you can never have nice things. (What, like I'm the only one?) Besides, boots with a 4" heel, three buckles, three straps, and a mess of studs just shouldn't come in pristine condition. These shoes have seen harder days. They're tough. From the streets. Where people don't care about things like spelling and suede-protecting sprays.



These Marie Buckle Tall Boots from Lucky Brand are what inspired this boot-themed post in the first place. These look like simple black boots with a big gold buckle and a 3" stacked heel (which seems to be the average height of all the boots listed here), but the devil is in the details: the little studs along the inside of the heel, the single studs on the bootstraps, the contrast stitching up the side, the tiny little buckle that's holding the big buckle in place. Yeah, I'm not sure how that works, either. But it's cute. And shiny!


Now I just have to pull myself up and find some places these boots can be a-walkin' to.

No comments:

Post a Comment